Supply Chain Operations Management and Performance
Why Supply Chain Operations Management and Performance?In today’s complex and interconnected supply chain operations environment, success is driven by a unique blend of skill sets that enables practitioners and professionals to develop and implement sustainable strategies that meet societal, economic, and environmental expectations and drive organizational performance.
This course will help procurement and supply chain management practitioners develop appropriate policies, structures, and mechanisms to boost efficiency in their organization’s supply chain operations. The focus of the workshop is to explore major emerging issues in supply chain operations and performance and other operations management strategies to help you succeed in your organization.
What will you learn?This workshop aims to provide dynamic learning opportunities for procurement and supply chain practitioners to build your capacity to tackle emerging supply chain operations and performance issues. The workshop will apply the supply chain reference model (SCOR) to supply chain operation planning and performance measurement.
|23 – 24 February 2023||Accra Online||In-person: KAISWAM, Adjiringanor Online via Zoom|
InvestmentYour investment for the in-person two-day workshop is GH¢1,200.00 per person. This investment will cover your fees, training materials, a buffet lunch, two snack breaks each day, and a certificate of participation.
The cost to attend virtually via Zoom is GH¢600.00 per person. Training materials and a certificate of participation will be provided electronically. Discounts are available to organizations with multiple participants.
Register by February 20, 2023Space is limited! Register today.
Questions?Please contact Evans Ankomah Junior
- Call +233(0)24-469-2953/+233(0)55-168-5860
- Email: [email protected]
About CARISCAThe Centre for Applied Research and Innovation in Supply Chain – Africa (CARISCA) is a partnership between Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) and Arizona State University (ASU) in the United States, with support from the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). Its mission is to provide best-in-class professional training and degree programs, advance research excellence and knowledge translation, and foster innovation in supply chain management in Ghana and beyond.
Learn more: https://carisca.knust.edu.gh/
Join CARISCA’s mailing list: https://links.asu.edu/carisca-mailing-list
This two-day event will cover the following modules:
Module 1: Supply Chain Operations: Planning and Sourcing
- Model of Supply Chain Operations
- Demand Forecasting and Planning (Plan)
- Inventory Management (Plan)
- Procurement (Source)
- Contract Management(Source)
Module 2: Supply Chain Operations: Making and Delivering
- Product Design (Make)
- Production Scheduling (Make)
- Facility Management (Make)
- Order Management (Deliver)
- Delivery Scheduling (Deliver)
- Return Processing (Deliver)
- Working with operational forms
Module 3: Metrics for Measuring Supply Chain Performance
- Operations Standard Practices
- Customer Service Metrics
- Internal Efficiency Metrics
- Demand Flexibility Metrics
- Product Development Metrics
1. I do not have a supply chain background. Can I sign up for this course?No. This course is mainly for supply chain practitioners and professionals. However, we recommend you take up some of our supply chain courses for beginners on cariscaacademy.org
2. Who are the target audience for this Course?The target audience for this course are supply chain practitioners and professionals working for corporate entities as well as governmental and non-governmental organizations including:
- procurement and supply managers;
- operation/production managers and officers;
- tender committee chairs and members;
- warehouse/store managers and supervisors;
- transport and distribution managers;
- supply chain lecturers, researchers and students;
- suppliers and contractors; and
- officers performing similar roles